On a weight loss diet? Two quick and healthy breakfast recipes to kickstart your metabolism  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Eating a nutrient-dense breakfast on a regular basis has been linked to numerous health benefits
- Reseach also suggests that people who eat breakfast are fitter and leaner than those who skip their morning meals
- If you’re on a weight loss diet, you may consider adding these breakfast recipes to your morning routine for optimal results
New Delhi: Breakfast is often considered as the most important meal of the day. A power-packed, nutritious breakfast will fuel your body and mind after an overnight fast, providing energy and sustenance throughout the day. A healthy breakfast will also jumpstart your metabolism, which can help you burn more calories and speed up your weight loss. So, eating a healthy breakfast may help you burn belly fat faster, while also supporting your well-being in many other ways.
How does breakfast help with weight loss?
A number of studies suggest that regularly eating a breakfast loaded with nutrients, including protein and fibre, may help you shed those extra pounds and keep weight in check. There are different theories about the benefits of eating a healthy breakfast for weight loss.
- For instance, studies have shown that eating breakfast may help reduce hunger later in the day, making it easier for you to avoid overeating.
- Eating breakfast may also help you make healthier food choices, a key factor to losing weight.
- Researchers also found that a person’s metabolism is more active after their morning meal. The study published study published in The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism on Wednesday reported that those who eat a big breakfast burn twice as many calories compared with those who consume a larger dinner.
- Additionally, a healthy breakfast can be extremely beneficial for people with diabetes as it helps to keep blood sugar steady all day long.
While more work is required to better understand the link between breakfast eating habits and weight loss, you must understand that eating wrong foods can derail your efforts to get a slimmer waistline. So, it’s important to fill your tummy with the right foods that will give you energy and keep you feeling full until lunchtime.
Healthy breakfast options that help you lose weight
As most of us continue to stay indoors, breakfast is sometimes skipped due to a change in routine. Here are two quick and healthy weight loss-friendly breakfast recipes suggested by nutritionist Sheryl Salis, RD, CDE, that will jumpstart your metabolism and provide the body and brain with fuel to endure the rest of the day:
Baked Apples with Oatmeal
The perfect breakfast or…